Learning by doing
Our work-based learning and dual education system combines practice and theory: apprenticeships in a company with vocational education. All of our students are employed in a food industry from the beginning of the course to finally become the well-trained and qualified professionals needed.
This training methodology is a win-win situation for both companies and graduates:
- Apprentices receive market-relevant training that improves their chances on the labour market which is constantly evolving.
- It fosters students’ motivation, who see the applicability of their studies while applying learned academic knowledge and skills in the work environment.
- It greatly improve students’ curriculum vitae with an official degree and work experience.
- Students can also benefit from the knowledge and soft skills of more experienced co-workers.
- For the apprentices themselves, another plus is that they can earn money while learning.
- It improves the quality and value of vocational training, which increases social awareness, recognition and interest toward this type of education.
- Once the apprenticeship is complete, it facilitates the insertion into the labour market of students, while the company can gain an employee that already knows the company’s workflow.
- It Increase the linkage and co-responsibility of business companies in vocational training.
- It provide the market with highly skilled workers that will contribute directly to improving or maintaining the quality of services and goods for a company.